Kiwis are one of the great fruits of the tropics. They are not only a delight to eat but are also a wonderful addition to salads and other dishes. Kiwi fruit is a beautiful fruit with a distinctive flavor.
Kiwi are one of the most delicious fruits in the world. The problem is, they don’t keep well and it’s difficult to keep it from getting brown.
Learn how to store the kiwi fruit, so they don’t get brown and mushy. This article will show you how to store kiwi so that you can enjoy them fresh for longer.
Storage When Bought
When you first buy a kiwi you probably think of the best ways to keep it nice and fresh for longer. However, it all depends on the condition you buy it in!
When you first buy a Kiwi you probably think about how you are going to keep it nice and fresh for longer.
This is especially when you aren’t going to be using it straight away. However, it all depends on the condition it comes in when you buy it and they will need different treatment.
Storing The Kiwi Whole
It can sometimes be much better for the fruit to store it whole because the outer layer of skin will protect the inside from anything outside.
It will also prevent moisture loss to keep it nice and juicy and it will not dry out.
- Room temp – one of the best ways to store a Kiwi is at room temperature. Most people think that you need to keep them in the fridge to keep them nice and fresh, but that isn’t the case.
- It is best to keep it between 32-35F and out of sight of any direct sunlight.
- What if you want to get it riper, faster? You should still keep it at room temp, but keep it in a plastic bag with other fruits such as apples.
- However, you need to make sure you do not put too many Kiwi’s on the other items of fruit.
Storing Them In The Fridge
If you have bought your Kiwi and it is nice and ripe but you do not want it straight away, this is the time to be storing it in the fridge.
If you are storing it in the fridge, you are able to leave them for up to 10 days depending on the initial condition.
They can also increase to 4 weeks when they aren’t ripe yet!
- It is always a great idea to keep them in containers or sealable bags when in the fridge because they can reduce the moisture loss which means keeping them lovely and juicy, which is always the best way to eat a Kiwi.
- You can also store them with other types of fruit like tomatoes if you don’t have enough room. You don’t want your fruit getting all squashed in the fridge, so be careful of where you are keeping it.
Most people love sticking everything in the freezer because it helps your food last much longer.
However, it is not recommended to put your fresh fruit in the freezer. The reason for this is because it will change the texture of the fruit massively!
Instead of having a lovely juicy fruit when kept in the fridge, you will have something far mushier which people don’t tend to enjoy as much.
This type of texture is not too bad if you’re putting your fruit in a smoothie because it will be mixed up anyway and the texture will not matter.
Cut Up Kiwi
When you open the skin of the Kiwi you need to remember that some of the moisture will be lost after a while because it is exposed to the air.
It is recommended to either slice or dice the fruit before storing it. The reason for this is because it is better to store in the freezer and can last for a few months.
When you are cutting your Kiwi up, you need to make sure they are already ripe as they cannot ripen anymore.
When they have been cut up, it is important to keep them in airtight bags to keep the moisture in the fruit. You do not want your fruit drying out because they are not as nice to eat.
They also need to be kept away from any type of direct heat because that will also dry them out!
Fridge Storage For Cut Up Kiwi
Using the fridge to store you cut up fruit is definitely the best option because it keeps it nice and juicy which is how you should eat the fruit.
You need to make sure you are washing your fruit before storing and cut them into smaller pieces.
You can then keep them in the fridge for 2-3 days and then they must be consumed.
If you find yourself not wanting to eat them immediately, you should make them into a smoothie to make sure they do not go to waste. It is easy to forget they are in a busy fridge!
Overall, when you are storing any type of fruit, you will have to go through the same process.
It is important to take these steps to make the most of your fruit. You do not want to keep wasting your money and then it goes bad because you aren’t storing it properly.
Hopefully this guide has helped shed some light on the best ways to store your Kiwi’s. Now you can have your fruit for longer and eat them when they are at their best!
Always remember to wash your fruit before consuming to be safe!
- Top Main Differences Between Tagliatelle And Fettuccine Pasta - March 10, 2023
- The Main Differences Between Red And Green Jalapeno Peppers - March 10, 2023
- Perfect Griddle Cakes To Make Simply Delicious Recipes For The Meal - March 9, 2023