Since the early 20th century, fast food has become an integral part of our daily lives. Whether it’s due to its convenience, price or its delicious taste, everyone loves fast food.
One of the most popular fast food chains to sweep the nation is Chick-Fil-A and no one can resist the temptation of their iconic sandwiches.
With their rather large portion sizes you may find yourself unable to finish your sandwich in one sitting. So, what do you do? Throw it out? Never!
You keep it for when you get those delicious cravings again. Or maybe you bought an extra for tomorrow’s lunch.
In this article we will cover how to properly store and reheat your tasty Chick-Fil-A sandwich so that it tastes just as good as it would if you had just bought it!
How To Store A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
Since the early 60’s Chick-Fil-A has prided itself on creating one of the best chicken sandwiches on the market.
Creating the first ever chicken sandwich that housed two pickles on a delicious butter bun, they really know how to make a wonderful sandwich.
Now, when you get your hands on a Chick-Fil-A sandwich there is a proper way to store them so that you are guaranteed to get all of the flavor once you are ready to eat. And you won’t get sick.
When storing your sandwich it is important to remove anything that may cause too much moisture. Pickles and tomatoes are the general culprits of making your break soggy and just not on par with Chick-Fil-A goodness.
You can place the wetter ingredients in a separate container, store your sandwich in a sealed box and place it in the refrigerator.
Your sandwich will be safe from the moisture within the fridge while remaining fresh and delicious.
An important tip, keep the original packaging that your sandwich comes in. You may find it has a more important use when it comes to reheating purposes.
The original bag is expertly lined with foil on the inside. This means that once you have reheated your sandwich, you can place it back in the bag for 5-10 minutes and you will find that a lot of the flavor and texture comes back to the sandwich. Genius!
We also recommend that when purchasing a Chick-Fil-A sandwich specifically for storing, request that your sauces and dips are kept on the side. This will prevent your bread from becoming soggy as it lies in the fridge.
Add your sauces after reheating for the ultimate sandwich.
It is also imperative that you only store a Chick-Fil-A sandwich for 1 day after purchase to avoid food poisoning.
Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Microwave
Microwaves are one of the best culinary inventions for those of us who either have no skills or simply have no energy in the kitchen.
With little to no dishes, you can reheat your stunning Chick-Fil-A sandwich in a matter of minutes.
It is now time to grab all of your separated ingredients from the fridge. Grab a microwave safe plate and prepare yourself for a quick, delicious sandwich.
When reheating anything, not just your Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the microwave it is important to heat all of the ingredients all the way through. Too often are people thinking their food is heated to find out it is still cold on the inside.
There are a few simple steps that can help you avoid that from happening:
- Once you have taken your sandwich out of the fridge, place it on a microwaveable plate.
- Open your sandwich and separate the chicken from the sandwich buns .
- Place the plate inside the microwave. Or, we recommend placing the chicken in the microwave and placing the buns in the toaster for an added crispiness.
- Reheat your chicken, and buns if you wish, for 30 seconds on full power.
- Take the plate out of the microwave (using heat proof gloves) and check that the chicken is hot in the middle. If not place the plate back inside the microwave and heat for a further 30 seconds until hot all the way through.
- Once hot all the way through, assemble all of your ingredients on the buns and enjoy.
Enjoy with your favorite beverage and you have a delicious meal that only took under 5 minutes to make.
Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Oven
Now, if reheating your Chick-Fil-A sandwich in the oven expect it to take quite a bit longer than if done in the microwave. However, the result is definitely worth the wait.
You just have to make sure to pay attention to the progress of your sandwich to get the best result.
While waiting for your sandwich to warm up in the oven, you can take the time to add your own unique twist.
Whether you want to add some more spices, make your own special sauce or even add more toppings like cheese, peppers, or even jalapenos for those who like an extra kick.
Why not make your sandwich completely unique to you?
In order to reheat your Chick-Fil-A sandwich to perfection there are a few steps to follow below:
- Preheat your oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Follow the same steps as reheating in the microwave by separating your sandwich completely.
- Line an oven safe dish with a layer of aluminum foil and place your chicken and buns on the tray. Keep your toppings and sauces separate and cold.
- Place your chicken and buns in the oven for 5-10 minutes. You may have to readjust your timing if reheating more than 1 sandwich.
- Take your tray out of the oven and ensure your chicken is heated all the way through.
- Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes if still cold in the middle.
- Once completely heated, assemble your sandwich together and enjoy.
If you decide to add cheese it is important to add this once the chicken is heated all the way through. Place back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich In The Air Fryer
Recently Air Fryers have become the new and exciting way to cook up your favorite recipes at home. You can fry, bake, grill, and even reheat your food all with one appliance!
When reheating your Chick-Fil-A sandwich you can expect it to take a little while longer and a few dishes to clean. But we guarantee that it is worth the effort.
Unfortunately you cannot reheat the entire sandwich in the air fryer at the one time. You can reheat the chicken and at the end reheat your buns.
You can also reheat your buns in the toaster or place them in a hot pan with a little bit of butter for even more flavor.
While this process may take some more time, it is definitely worth the few extra steps to make it even tastier than you would imagine.
The steps to reheat your Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the air fryer are as follows:
- Separate your chicken from the bun and place in the air fryer at 325 Fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes.
- As the chicken reheats, place the buns in the toaster or in a pan with butter.
- Once your buns are reheated and to your desired crispiness, take them out of the pan or toaster and place your toppings on top.
- This is where you can add your own toppings and sauces. Go crazy and add whatever you can think of to your sandwich for a completely new creation.
- Check that your chicken is hot in the middle and it is crispy on the outside.
- Assemble your sandwich and enjoy.
While reheating your Chick-Fil-A sandwich may take more time in the air fryer, you are guaranteed to achieve a piping hot chicken breast all the way through with extra crispy batter on the outside.
We recommend allowing the chicken to cool in the original packaging for 5 minutes before eating. This will allow the sandwich to soak up all of the flavors from the bag and return to its original taste.
Tips For Reheating A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich
Your first instinct when reheating a Chick-Fil-A sandwich may be to keep it in the original packaging and store it in the fridge.
Although, as previously discussed it is important to remove the sandwich from the packaging, let it cool, and separate each ingredient to avoid the sandwich turning soggy.
It is important to always refrigerate your food unless you are going to consume it instantly.
Once your sandwich is cooled it should be placed in the fridge otherwise the meat will go off which can be dangerous if consumed.
Another thing to be aware of is that you should never refrigerate or store a sandwich that has already been reheated beforehand.
Chicken should only be reheated once and if reheated again it can make you extremely sick and cause other health issues.
However, if you follow the steps for any of the 3 methods above you will have a delicious, crispy, juicy Chick-Fil-A sandwich at home. Without having to make another trip.
Never throw away your unfinished sandwich, simply store it in the refrigerator and reheat. Whether it’s done in the microwave, oven or air fryer you are guaranteed to achieve a delicious sandwich.
When reheating your sandwich at home you have the freedom to create something completely new. Add your own toppings or make your own special sauce. Make your sandwich to your own tastes and enjoy.
Just don’t forget to separate each ingredient before storing in the fridge and to never throw away the sandwich bag. That’s where all the flavor is!
Enjoy your Chick-Fil-A sandwich when you want with our 3 best methods for reheating. Make sure it is reheated all the way through before eating.
- Top Main Differences Between Tagliatelle And Fettuccine Pasta - March 10, 2023
- The Main Differences Between Red And Green Jalapeno Peppers - March 10, 2023
- Perfect Griddle Cakes To Make Simply Delicious Recipes For The Meal - March 9, 2023