At ‘The Rusty Spoon,’ we value originality and authenticity in our content. We create and share unique, informative, and engaging content for our users. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect the same from our users.
This policy explains the rules and procedures for handling any content on our website that may infringe the rights of others.
Content Originality And Rules
We prohibit using unauthorized content on our website, such as copying, reproducing, modifying, distributing, displaying, or performing any content that belongs to someone else without their permission.
We take immediate action against any user who violates this rule and may terminate their account, remove their content, or take legal action as appropriate.
We define copyright infringement as the use of any content protected by copyright law without the authorization of the owner or the law. It includes but is not limited to, text, images, videos, audio, software, or any other form of content.
Reporting Copyright Infringement
If you believe that any content on our website infringes your rights or those of someone you represent, you can report it to us using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) process. To do so, you need to:
- Specify the infringing content and provide a link or a screenshot of where it appears on our website.
- Indicate the location of the original work that is allegedly infringed and provide a link or proof of ownership.
- Provide your name, address, phone number, email address, and relationship to the original work’s owner (such as yourself, an authorized agent, or a legal representative).
- Affirm that you have a good faith belief that the owner, the law, or the fair use doctrine do not authorize the use of the content.
- Declare that the information in your report is accurate and that you are the owner of the original work or authorized to act on their behalf.
- Sign your report electronically or manually and send it to our designated email address: email@example.com
False Reporting Consequences
We warn you not to make any false or misleading infringement reports, which may result in legal consequences and liabilities. You may be held responsible for any damages, costs, or fees incurred by our or the alleged infringer due to your false report. You may also face criminal penalties for perjury if you knowingly / a false statement under oath.
Response To Copyright Infringement Reports
Upon receiving a valid and complete report of infringement, we will take the following actions:
- We will remove or restrict access to the reported content immediately.
- We will notify the user who posted the reported content and inform them of the reason for the removal and their right to file a counter-notification.
- We will provide them with a copy of your report and a link to this policy, where they can find the instructions for filing a counter-notification under 17 U.S.C. § 512(g)(2) and (3).
Suppose you are the user who posted the reported content and believe it was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification. In that case, you can file a counter-notification to request the restoration of your content. To do so, you need to:
- Identify the content that was removed or disabled and provide a link or a screenshot of where it appeared on our website before the removal or disabling.
- Acknowledge that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which your address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided the report of infringement or an agent of such person.
- Provide your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- State under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled due to a mistake or misidentification of the content.
- Sign your counter-notification electronically or manually and send it to our designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receiving a valid and complete counter-notification, we will take the following actions:
- We will verify the details of your counter-notification and compare them with the original infringement report.
- We will restore or enable access to your content within 10 to 14 business days unless we receive a notice from the original reporter that they have filed a legal action against you to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the content on our website.
- We will notify you and the original reporter of our decision and its reason.
Legal Proceedings And Expenses
If you are involved in any legal proceedings or expenses resulting from using any content on our website, you will be solely responsible for them. We will not be liable for any damages, costs, or fees that you or any other party may incur due to your breach of this policy or the law.
We will cooperate with any court order or subpoena that requires us to disclose any information related to your use of our website or content.
We hope that you enjoy our website and the content that we provide. We strive to maintain the originality and fairness of our content and respect the intellectual property rights of others. We ask you to do the same and abide by this policy and the law.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy or our use of content, please get in touch with us at email@example.com or visit our Contact Us page on our website.